[FC] Quick-Release Oil Hoses?

VairMech at aol.com VairMech at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 07:33:28 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/21/2005 1:50:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
greenbriergoon at yahoo.com writes:

I am  attempting to put a remote oil cooler on my FC.

I was wondering if such  a thing exists as quick release fittings for oil
hoses.  Something  similar to the air hose for an air tool, but it would seal off
and prevent oil  from pouring out when disconnected.

The oil lines are coming off where  the oil filter is and I would not want to
have to pull off hoses and spill oil  all over to change the belt.  I would
rather not try to route the hosed  under the belt.

    If you are putting  on a remote oil cooler then why not eliminate the
stock cooler and use that  connection and use the stock oil filter? That will
route the hoses beside the  belt and not through it. You also don't have the
chance of the belt whipping and  breaking a fitting when it comes off.
    If you are worried  about to cold of oil then put a thermostat in the
line.
    Ken  Hand