[FC] Re: <VV> Quick-Release Oil Hoses?

VairMech at aol.com VairMech at aol.com
Tue Mar 22 07:09:37 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/21/2005 11:41:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
greenbriergoon at yahoo.com writes:

As for  eliminating the stock cooler  and only using a remote, I don't like
that  idea.  I think cooling is good even when the engine is  idling.

    You need to keep in mind that you CAN HAVE to cold  of oil. The ideal
temp is between 190 and 210 degrees. If you run both coolers  all the time your
oil could be much cooler than that most of the time. Cold oil  is not the best
lubricant and you could end up harming your engine more than you  are helping
it.
    There is lots to think about here, The old saying,  if big is good,
bigger is better, doesn't always apply.
    Ken Hand