[FC] Timing for a 4 Speed Conversion

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 26 23:09:56 EST 2005

The manual transmission has a different distributor.  The difference is in the weights that move to set the advance curve.   I believe that I have one out of a 14K mile van, but will have to check to be certain.  I learned of a Corvair Amblewagon Ambulance Van in PA and it had already been stripped by Ben.  He was the person that told me about it.  What was left, I spent the day removing.  I just have to figure out where I put those pieces.  I only wish that I had taken the entire drivetrain.  The van had sat for 25 years in someone's backyard and rusted away.  Only after that person died, did the van make it to a salvage pick a part yard.   Paul in CT...