[FC] CLUNK-CLUNK

Bill Wells brierpath at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 10:54:44 EDT 2005

Mike,

You probably shattered a spider gear and a piece lodged in the ring gear, or damaged a tooth on the ring gear. However, check to ensure your yokes are tight on your axles.

Good Luck,
Bill

Michael Emanuele <rampside at ncweb.com> wrote:
While driving my eight door yesterday I down shifted into second and rounded a corner bring the right rear off the ground. When the van came back down and grabbed the road there was a loud clunk-clunk-clunk. I thought that I probably blew a universal joint. During my inspection this morning I find that I can turn the differential a complete revolution and then it locks up. I am obviously going to pull the trans axle, what can I be looking for?

All help appreciated,
Mike Emanuele
61 Rampside - daily driver
61 Eight Door - up on blocks for now
69 Monza CtNo virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.