[FC] Rampside ramp door hinge details:

Mike Gauthier mike_a_gauthier at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 23:37:06 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I bought a 1961 rampside about 2 years ago.  Never tought I would find that
model in Canada.  Must have come north as "as a used".  I am slowly
preparing myself (retirement in 2 years) to try to restore it (very rusty).
The truck is complete, except for the rampdoor.  Previous owner had decided
that it would make an ideal fishing cabin so he built a wooden cabin over
the truck bed, discarding the ramp door in the process.  I have located a
door (also very rusty!) for it, but their's no hinge!!!.  Altought my local
machine shop could make one for me, the problem I have is with the shape of
the ramp door continuous hinge.  I know, from pictures and diagrams (shop
manual, assembly manual, internet pictures) that the leaf (side) of the
hinge that bolts to the truck is bent downward, at an angle, but I would
need more precise information.  The following are the measurements I am
looking for:
1-    The bending angle of the leaf on the truck side,
2-    the lenght of each "section" (each side of the bend) of the leaf on
the truck side,
3-    The lenght of the leaf on the door side (presuming this leaf is
straight),
4-    the position of the "knuckle" of the hinge.
I  have included a diagram to show what I mean.
Hopefully, one off you will be able to provide the needed measurements.

Many thanks to all.

Mike Gauthier.