[FC] "POR" and the truck bed

TiM M mr_tim34 at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 21:20:04 EDT 2005

Well, I'm having problems with the electric Rampside.
I melted a post off of one of my batteries. The
batteries were about gone anyway. I'm using this as an
opportunity to upgrade. The voltage will be increased
from 96V to 144V by adding 8 batteries. I pulled the
existing battery box out tonight and found that the
bed underneath it is covered with a layer of surface
rust. Can I clean the surface and paint over it with
the POR stuff? The area will be covered by the new
battery box and will not show. I was wondering what
experiences others have had with this stuff and if it
was the correct solution to my situation.

Thanks,

TiM McCann
'61 Rampside Down for a month or so :-(

Yahoo! Mail