FW: [FC] 1964 corvan For Sale (long)

Keith Hammett khammett at stainlessfab.com
Tue May 24 09:00:38 EDT 2005

Here is the scoop on the 1964 corvan that appeared on Corvanatics over the
weekend.  I sent Ray an email asking for more details and he sent the
response below.  He also tracked down my number and called me last night.

>From our conversation he acquired the van from a field and saved it from the
crusher.  He would now like to either sell it (does not know what it is
worth) or trade it for a motorcycle.  He said that he got the van to run for
a brief time by pouring gas in the carbs, but he thinks the fuel pump is
shot.  The original tires are still on the van (bias ply anyway).  A local
electric company purchased two of these 8 door vans and used them for
several years as work vans.  All the glass is good, lights and lenses are
good, only has surface rust (again I have not seen the van, only going on
his word).  He does not have a title for the van, should be able to obtain a
lost title.  The van sat for several years in a field, when he acquired the
van he had to cut down several small oak trees in order to get it out of the
field.

I would be willing to go and look at the van for anybody who would be
interested in it as a third party.  This might make somebody a good camper
van.  If I could talk the wife into it I might consider getting it myself,
but I prefer the comfort of the house so I don't see that happening.

You can go to the following link to see some pictures of the corvan that Ray
sent to me.  Go to http://community.webshots.com/user/cvair and select the
corvan album.  If you would prefer not to go to webshots then send me an
email and I will send you the pictures.  Somebody save this van, so he
doesn't send it to the crusher.

Remember I know nothing of the van other than what I have stated here and it
is all based on phone conversation and emails with the owner, Ray.  If you
need further information please contact him, unless you want someone to look
at it for you.

Keith Hammett