[FC] FC Steering Box Info Part II

Greenbrier Goon greenbriergoon at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 09:41:14 EDT 2005

Thanks everyone for the steering box lube options.  I think I may be more confused since so many people use so many different lubes.

I dropped by the local Chevrolet dealership yesterday.  The parts guy said that there was only one tube of the original GM lube left in the U.S. Of course, it was not at that dealership.  I would have ordered it, but I am not sure how much lube my steering box holds.

The parts guy at the dealership went on to say that the mechanics use a mixture of 90 weight and white lithium grease when they service an older car.

Another question:  How do I separate the cover from the sector shaft? By the diagram in the service manual, they appear to come apart.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm