[FC] Name that part

Greg & Virginia walthours at starpower.net
Sat May 28 21:05:19 EDT 2005

Greetings everyone!  I just drove my '63 Greenbrier down to Chesapeake, VA
from Alexandria, VA for the annual Vair Fair.  (A fantastic show, great
weather both Sat & Sun, the best hospitality suite I ever remember at a
Corvair show!!!  If you left this show hungry, it would not be the fault of
the Tidewater CC!  Clark's was there...  The raffle prizes were great,
etc.!) I drove down on Friday in the pouring rain & wind!  So I was getting
blown around a lot!  I purchased a front spoiler at last year's convention
in Kentucky & I would like to install it; however, I would like to get one
of those under cab tin shields(?) first which I think would also help, and
make the mounting of the spoiler easier.  I think it would be easier to seek
out one of these if I knew exactly what it is called.  I believe they only
came on '64 & '65 FC's.  Can anyone help identify the part?  Better yet,
does anyone have an extra they may be willing to part with?  If you are
within 2-3 hours of DC, (Richmond, Baltimore, York, Harrisburg), I can come
pick it up...  Thanks a million!  Greg