[FC] Brake Tubing Bending

VairMech at aol.com VairMech at aol.com
Tue Nov 8 12:48:35 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/8/2005 11:39:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hauppauge21 at comcast.net writes:

The  simple ;o( complete updating to a dual MC has become a nightmare. I
can't  find a tubing bender that can replicate the tight radius bends of the
hard  lines. Would making a form with finishing nails work? Would it fatigue
the  metal?  And, I can't find a straight hard line that's approx 75"  long
for the under the bed line.
ANY SUGGESTIONS  ??

    If you properly put the bends in the correct spots  they don't need to be
so tight of a bend. There are only two spots that  need a real tight radius
on an FC dual changeover, and that is coming off the  master cyl. What you need
to do is actually put the nut under the line holder,  as close as you can get
it to the bender radius. Then bend the tube. This will  gain you almost a
1/2" of clearance. If you need to you can also add a little  more bend by hand.
    As far as your long line, I buy brake line by the  bulk in 25' coils and
I make my own long lines. I personally don't like to many  couplers in a
system because they restrict the flow to much. What flow, you say?  Trust me,, to
many couplers going to the rear and you will lock up the front  brakes first.
    Ken Hand