[FC] '61 Rampy

Timothy T Werner wern3 at juno.com
Mon Nov 28 10:19:02 EST 2005

I built up this 140 after I stole the heads from the motor for my 110
that dropped a seat. My intention was to replace the 110 with the 140 in
my '65 'Vert.
I owned a 140 in a Monza coupe a few years ago, and I loved the way it
took off when the secondaries kicked in just when the old 110 would be
hitting its' plateau. It is true that power is addictive! After I bought
the truck, I figured, why rebuild an 80 HP when  it cost the same to do a
140 and have the extra fun!? I should also mention, too, what a terrific
improvement the new heads made in my old 110 after I switched those out.
I think we get used to the stumbling idle and weak performance on these
old, cars until a big failure causes us to get the motor back to spec.
Merv, I am still a analog guy on photography, so cannot yet post any
pics. A year or so from now & it will be different, though.
Tim