[FC] RAMPSIDE RAMP DOOR NEEDED

robert wilson scwilson8126 at wowway.com
Sun Oct 2 21:34:47 EDT 2005

Hello All;

Well, I bought all of the supplies needed to replace the lower 10" of skin on my ramp door.

Unfortunately, when I removed the ramp and cut away the rusted portion I discovered that the backing plate that contains the weld-nuts that the hinge bolts to is pretty much rusted away from the bottom of the ramp.

I can imagine many of you have had similar Corvair experiences and were just as bummed out as I was.

Does anybody know where I can find a decent used ramp door (preferably within driving distance of the Metro-Detroit area)?

I left a message with the Corvair Ranch Saturday but haven't heard back from them yet.

Thanks,

Scott Wilson
'63 Rampless Rampside
'63 Monza Convertible