[FC] Clutch linkage - early vs. late

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Wed Oct 26 11:25:12 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I spoke to Jason at Clark's. His experience is that the rods are all about
the same length. He said the 3780836 is quite rare to see and has a "funny
bend" in it plus the bell housing end is flattened in a little different
manner.

He also said that the 3786914 and 3827690 are the same visually. He wondered
if the manufacturer changed and that was the reason for the part number
difference.

So, that plus the catalog info below means that that 1961 had a unique rod
but that unique rod was not offered as a replacement part. 1962-1965 had the
same rod but the part number changed.

Can anyone shed additional light on this?

Thanks.