[FC] FC "Make-Do" Throttle/Accel Cable

Williams, Rickie williamr at lindsey.edu
Sun Oct 30 16:55:51 EST 2005

Has anyone on this list used the 144 inch (12 foot) Morse Cable available from Summit Racing as a substitute accelerator cable for an FC?  If so, any draw backs or things I should know about or consider before spending the apprx $50.00 plus shipping?

I am not concerned about originality...just function.

My only other consideration is to duplicate the set-up used in my 65 VW Beetle...the equivalent of a brake line with a cable running through it...easy to fabricate...just not as quick to install.

Thanks,
Rickie Williams
Columbia, KY