[FC] Fw: Mail Not Delivered

Timothy T Werner wern3 at juno.com
Wed Sep 21 08:59:12 EDT 2005

Scott
17 years ago I used galvanized sheet metal I salvaged from ductwork in a
demolished building and it was satisfactory for floor repairs. I did
replace them later when I had more money and less time with thicker,
correct, pre- stamped floors from a vendor. When I cut out the old
patches after some 40, - thousand miles they were really not bad, except
for what was once solid sheet metal that they were pop - riveted to was
now bad. I noticed that there was  strange whiteish corrosion around the
rivets as well. I had used aluminum rivets to attach this galvanized
patch to a regular sheet metal part. I guess having all those three kinds
of metal attached to each other caused some weird electrical activity.
Also you could use this galvanized stuff to repair lower corners of
fenders too, as long as you use a two - part epoxy instead of welding. I
have used a product called "Fuzor" and it works as long as the panel does
not move. Do not, for instance use it on the bottom of a door that gets
opened and closed all the time, or you will be re- doing that portion of
the repair very quickly.
Tim