[FC] Review: Corvair Summer

Merv Krull krupross at sunwave.net
Thu Sep 22 23:07:39 EDT 2005

Hi all!

I just finished watching the DVD "Corvair Summer" that I purchased at the CORSA Convention in Portland.

I was pretty disappointed in the overall production. Thoroughly amateur, no discernable story line, really lousy voice-overs (you can distinctly hear the digital edge on any sound), poor camera work, a disconcerting attempt by someone pretending to be Wolfman Jack, a really ditsy young gal in a night club, and on and on. Kind of embarassing to most Corvair folks.

Saving grace: Corvairs portrayed in this movie were performed by actual Corvairs. Some OK autocross scenes, that's about it.

My curiosity satisfied, I kinda wished I had put the $20 into something for my Corvairs.

Still, I applaud the effort by Dancing Skeleton Productions. Consider this a beta test in preparation for stepping it up a notch.

toodles
Merv Krull
Salmon Arm, BC