[FC] compression check

Tom St.Amand lumppytom at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 25 22:36:17 EDT 2005

I have a question for the many who may be more mechanically knowledgeable than I am.  I did a compression check on a used engine I installed in my Greenbrier.  Cylinders 1, 3 and 5 were 175, 180 and 175 respectively and 2, 4 and 6 were 200, 185 and 205.  That is right on the 20% difference I was taught was acceptable. My question is will there be a problem with all the strong cylinders on one side.  If it makes a difference when I wet the cylinders with oil they all went up to the 210 225 range.

Thanks,
Tom St. Amand