[FC] compression check

Tom St.Amand lumppytom at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 01:14:24 EDT 2005

Thanks for your input so far, Ill try to answer as many of the Questions I can.
The motor has sat unused for seven years I believe before I got it the block says it's a 95 horse motor I'll get down to the garage in a few days and see if the head numbers match. That sounds like a good place to start. I used a Proto hand held compression gauge to check and did each hole at least twice with the same readings and the carbs were off when I ran the check. I got about a teaspoon of oil ( 3 squirts ) in each cylinder to do the ring check.
As a side note I have good spark and have static timed it but no luck getting it fire up There is gas to the carbs but no luck.  my next test is to take a known good set of carbs and swap them.

Thanks, Tom