[FC] smashed

Wild8bill at aol.com Wild8bill at aol.com
Fri Apr 28 12:09:55 EDT 2006

It had to happen sooner or later; I guess. Last night someone crashed head
on into our parked rampside in front of our house. Of course, they sped away.
No  one got a plate, so I guess I'll just have to have the satisfaction that
their  car is probably messed up really, really bad. They actually pushed the
truck one  whole length back. I followed the oil/brake/antifreeze trail down the
road and  around the corner for about a 1/4 mile. They hit the front drivers'
side, and  pinned the door shut. It looks like the most damage is to the
little corner  cover, but it smashed it back against the clutch/brake pedal
controls, so I have  to pull it out with a chain before I can move it. I had spent
the last year or  so welding on a new front end and doing bodywork, on the
passengers' side!  Ironically, I got rid of the OTHER half of my donor front end,
thinking that I  wouldn't need it. The frame looks OK, it smashed in around
the bumper support.  Thankfully old cars have real bumpers, I can imagine what
it would have looked  like if it had been one of the new plastic bumper trucks.
I'll be looking it over this weekend, and deciding wether to repair it or
sell it. I'm leaning toward repair, because I put an all new brake system and
clutch in it less than 100 miles ago. The body was rough to begin with, it'll
be  even rougher now!

---Bill