[FC] Gen/Fan Light wreaking havoc

Jim Forgey jforgey4 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 12:33:51 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Enjoyed the convention - met lots of great people!!!

The last day of the convention my Gen/Fan light went
out in the dash. The car kept starting - the
Alternator seemed fine/ belt is good. I changed the
bulb and still no light.

The Brier ran fine on the way home back to CT.

Yesterday the van had trouble starting - got it going
and took it to get gas, after the fill up it would not
start - guy at the gas station gave it a boost and I
took it back home.

Cleaned the connections on the battery - and the
wiring harness in the engine compartment ( with
product reccomended by NAPA ) checked the voltage -
battery is getting just above 12 volts with no load -
with load test it drops to just around 11.

I believe the problem is an open circuit with the
gen/fan  light. Wires look ok under the dash and the
bulb is in securely.

My question is where to begin looking for a ground
problem or a wire problem?

Any ideas?

Jim Forgey
64 Brier