[FC] What's in a name?

mclark67 at charter.net mclark67 at charter.net
Fri Aug 11 15:24:25 EDT 2006

Uh, actually I'm not being a "troll."  Is that what you call someone who doesn't agree with you?

Simply, the VW came first and lasted longer.  Duration has nothing to do with first.  The Suburban is not a mini van, in fact it is also a "station wagon."  I have a Suburban and I love it.  Not remotely related to a van except maybe the nameplate on the back.

The point I was trying to make was that just because the VW wasn't an American product, or it didn't do things very well, and didn't qualify as being called the first mini van, was bunk.  Corvair people are often intimidated by the VW and its followings, have no clue why.  A bad design and that's why people put Corvair engines in them?  The VW is no doubt one of the slowest cars on the road.  Maybe the Corvair is a bad design because people put V8s in them.

As for emotional verbiage and martyr complexes and whatever else you said, well it didn't feel like that when I was typing.  Must be the one-dimensional email thing.  Inflammatory?  If you say so.

I think I read somewhere that the Greenbrier was the first mass-produced vehicle on an assembly line.

Mike Clark
Anyone got a billy goat?
Stockbridge, Georgia