[FC] LED taillights - Advertisement

David C. Herrin III source at adnc.com
Mon Aug 14 23:26:19 EDT 2006

Gentlemen,
I haven't yet found any "legal" LED lamps; yet many are being sold. The
higher voltage units seem to perform better than the 12v I have examined.

The current solutions are 1) new sockets, 2) painting or plating the housing
and our 1157H Halogen Lamps 50 / 5 CP. Also available 1156H Halogen @ 50 CP.

To seal and prevent corrosion a dab of Silicone Dielectric Compound helps.
Detailed Product Bulletin Available.
David

  Has anybody tried out any of the LED bulb replacements for the 1157s used
in our trucks?
  I tried some from superbrightleds.com and they are not as bright as the
1157 standard bulbs.
  I had my wife stand back there while I cycled all the rear light functions
and then asked her which side looked better. She chose the 1157s as I did.
The LED units turn on quicker,  but are not as bright. These were red ,24
LED units, wide angle.