[FC] FC Clutch & Accel Cables

David C. Herrin III source at adnc.com
Wed Aug 16 20:50:17 EDT 2006

Bill,

Product Bulletin available by request. Pictures of install are being worked
on... ...

The FC Accel Cables are a direct bolt in part - complete with new hardware.

How many need new brackets for our new FC Clutch Cable ?

I have always straightened the old bent ones. For the missing - a piece of
2" ( 3/16" thk.) angle iron - length @ 1 1/2"  and a few minutes work =
three holes 2 @ 1/4" and  the 1/2" one into a slot  ( @+13/64" ) should
suffice for both front and rear. If you have later (? ) FC support with
extra hole in it = a couple of fender washers - cut a slot into them will
suffice.

We could make two new custom made brackets @ $$$$ for 200 pcs. ?

I expected sales of 100 Clutch and 200 Accelerator Cables over several
years... so far 10 & 10 in over a year.

Will a Communiqué ad prompt more sales ?

The continue poor response means that I will hesitate to produce other new
parts - that are supposedly "needed"

Perhaps they are all awaiting the cheaper Third World copycat / counterfeits
? promised by certain vendors for decades.

David

  _____

Maybe work on some detailed product info, including pictures of the cables.
The two clutch cables I have installed work great. Only a few people in the
North Texas club have the ability to fab the brackets necessary to use the
cables. Everyone seems intrigued with them, but will run old used cables
until they lock up to keep from all the work to install them.