[FC] Front door window channel

Ben and Lynn Stiles stiles at paonline.com
Wed Aug 23 20:36:01 EDT 2006

Greetings vanners:

Can anyone give me detailed instructions on how to get the front door window channel in place? I just spent half an hour trying to get it to slide down in, took the lower channel holder out (two screws on door)...not enough leverage to get the thing in place. It was INFURIATING! When I was a stupid teenager, the sledgehammer would have come out long ago. Thne the door would have never been able to accept channel. Now in my 30's, I walked away.

How much of the door do I need to take apart? Does the window need to come out to get the lower part of the channel in? Please help...any suggestions welcomed. I thought maybe if I cut the channel into two pieces...one for the lower channel holder, and one for the upper, maybe it would go better.

Ben