[FC] Rod Cap Recesses

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Dec 6 03:49:36 EST 2006

i have done it several times and also made car blocks into fc by drilling the
block for the oil fill and plugging the dipstick hole.  i think there are
pictures on the web picture site.  i used an electric 4inch grinder the last time
with good results.  looks kinds rough but works well.      i used a picture
of the inside of a late block as a guide.  it takes less than a half hour to do
the grinding , then comes the careful cleanup!!!!  the engine in my rampy is
an original block hogged out.  like i say , i have done at least 5 or more
over the years , and getting ready to do it to my lakewood sometime.
http://corvair.de/n2vzd/        look at the pictures after the word "tools"
regards, tim colson