[FC] Re: <VV> Valve seat theory

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Thu Dec 14 23:39:43 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/14/2006 10:02:11 P.M. Central Standard Time,
BEC176 at msn.com writes:

My  theory is without the baffle installed (not a good thing for the
cylinders on  the even number side as far as keeping an even temp all the way around
the  cylinders), with less restriction of air flow on the even number side it
was  over heating the odd number side by letting the air flow out the path of
least  resistance.

That's not theory, that's a fact, Jack, er um Jim. The baffles greatly  limit
the amount of air that goes around the cylinders since they don't get too
hot (compared to the heads). This restriction forces the air to find a new path
of least resistance, through the heads. The result is a cool, happy  engine.

The odd thing is that it was on the even side. Odd because the engine had a
tendency to run hot in the summer and the snap switch is on the odd side. I
wonder if the missing baffle on the even side effected the airflow over the odd
 side. Do me a favor, check the flash in the head and see if there's a lot.

Well, bottom line is that you're truck will be that much better with the  new
heads. You need to have more projects to keep you away from working on your
coupe :^).

Ned