[FC] Trying to ID Otiginal Greenbrier Paint Colors & Codes

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Mon Dec 25 22:59:17 EST 2006

I'm restoring the wife's 64 Greenbrier Deluxe van. The exterior is not  the
factory paint, but I suspect it is close to what was original;  I base this
assumption upon the color of the original upholstery  and interior paint. It
appears the exterior stripe around the middle was not  originally a bright red,
but rather an "orangish" red (the rest of the exterior  is white). Was there
such an exterior stripe color? A refinish paint  chart, out of a 1961-1964
Chevrolet Service News bulletin, shows a Corvair 95  exterior refinish paint: "516
Orange (DuPont # 31-L, Rinshed-Mason #A-1597 (both  Lacquers), or a Ditzler
enamel #DQE-60156)."  Could this be the almost red,  but sorta' orange exterior
stripe color I'm looking for?

See interior & exterior photos at"
http://rides.webshots.com/album/49614270kzfFvn?start=0

I'd also like to ID the exterior white and the interior colors. I'm  trying
to make this a technically correct restoration; any help offered  would be much
appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike Mauro
of several Corvairs and other bad habits