[FC] Heater Coil

Rad Davis rad.davis at comcast.net
Fri Feb 10 13:23:48 EST 2006

It's worth mentioning that the extra-high-temp rated permatex silicone
gasket maker is rated for temps over 700F.  I use it to glue stuff together
around and in the exhaust system on cars with no catalytic convertor
(silicones are hard on cats, so be cautious about them in the intake and
exhaust tracts of cars so equipped).  Yes, the logs get hotter than 700 F,
but the stuff 1/4" away doesn't.  It's possible to glue the woven collars
together with the stuff, or glue them to the shrouds.  It really helps with
waterproofing.