[FC] Starter issues

Merv Krull krupross at sunwave.net
Mon Feb 13 01:00:21 EST 2006

So, the starter spins but does not engage with the flywheel...
Next time that happens, turn the engine with a socket or L handle or box
wrench on the crankshaft pulley bolt a few degrees and try again. If it
engages, you are missing some teeth. (especially if someone hits the starter
when you are trying to wrench the engine!). We had a 65 Ford Fairlane 2 door
289 cruisomatic... loved that car!!!! that occasionally would not catch. A
quick twist of the fan usually turned the engine far enough for the starter
to find some teeth...
toodles
Merv Krull
Salmon Arm, BC