[FC] Starter issues

VairMech at aol.com VairMech at aol.com
Mon Feb 13 07:01:05 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/13/2006 12:00:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, r75 at shaw.ca
writes:

But I  still can't figure out why "bumping the clutch" would change
anything. I  was hoping someone could explain it for me or at least I'd
hear a few  theories on the matter... I guess nobody really  knows.

    I thought it was explained in an earlier post.  Someone mentioned that
there may be a bad spot on the ring gear where the teeth  are worn. You said you
just had the engine out, did you check the flywheel for  loose rivits? A
shifting flywheel will cause the same symptoms.

    If you take the starter to be checked they will  spin the starter and say
it is OK. They need the tester that tests the starter  drive and the torque
of the starter, not many places have those.

    Ken Hand