[FC] Sold My Greenbrier. Now Selling Parts.

Greenbrier Goon greenbriergoon at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 11:49:31 EST 2006

Well, JR.  Not all of that "free advice" turned out to be as helpful as you may think.

  Back when I was struggling to solve the clutch problem, I was recommended a number of costly fixes (purchasing a $140.00 NOS clutch cable, spending $35.00 to lengthen the pedal etc) which turned out to NOT be the cause of the problem.

  The problem, as I thought very early on, was a defective pilot bushing.

  For those who DID offer good advice during my years on this list, thank you very much.

  I practically gave the van away for $2600.  I don't plan to give away the remaining parts.

  Some may also remember the defective fuel pump push rod problem last year.  The first one I ordered was bent and so was the second one.  Finally the vendor got it right with the third one.

  Charles

J R Read_HML <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Dear Charles - AKA Mr. Goon,

Correct me if I'm wrong. I've been wrong before and I always learn when
corrected.

My recollection of the bulk of your posts to FC have been either looking for
help to fix something or complaining about a vendor or about the fact that
no one "stepped up to the plate" when you decided to sell your van. Now you
HAVE sold it and then post here a spot on eBay where you have left over
items for sale. I do not recall any offer on your part here on FC before
the listing went to eBay. Now you are expecting the folks who have offered
free advise along the way to jump into the eBay fray and run up the prices
for you? What is wrong with this picture?

Enjoy your VW.

BTW - So far as I recall, that was the first time you signed off with your
actual name. Again, I could be wrong, but I just want you to know that is
how it appears from where I am viewing things.

Later, JR

1963 Greenbrier for sale:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrierforsale.htm