[FC] Starter issues

Charles r75 at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 17 11:48:04 EST 2006

JR -

Semi- solved. Due to the unpredictable weather in my locale I decided to
take the first opportunity to pull the starter. It was bench tested and
opened up for inspection just to make sure it waas fine. Passed all
tests. I re-installed the starter and it seems to fire out the way it
should. I didn't have time for a road test ie go for a drive and then
see how it works but just sitting there seemed back to normal-ish. It
does seem to turn slower than it used to. A full slate of testing will
be done on the weekend. I poked around at the ground wires but never
actually did anything to them but maybe that was enough to give a better
connection.

I think what happened was that a ghost had taken up residence in the
starter and when I pulled the starter out and took it to the starter
repair shop, it must have found a starter it liked more and decided to
abandon mine for a nice big Cadillac starter. This seems to be the most
sensible explanation.

I'll post a report buy sunday.

- Charles