[FC] '62 Rear Suspension Trapped Nut Repair

James Davis jld at wk.net
Fri Feb 24 14:42:34 EST 2006

While I didn't think of it, here is what the PO did.  He took a
3/8-16 nut and welded a long stiff wire to the side of it. The end if
the wire is bent at a right angle and comes down through the large
round hole neat the nut.  Using the wire position the nut over the
hole and install the bolt through the engine mount.  The bent end of
the wire keeps the nut from turning while torqueing the bolt.  I have
changed mounts twice in the past 25 years and the nut still works so
well I haven't seen fit to change it.  Be sure you run a cleaning tap
thought the welded nuts and a dye over the bolt prior to
installing.  I also use liberal amounts of anti-seize, also.
Jim Davis