[FC] NY hotels and campground...

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Mon Jan 9 00:21:01 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/9/2006 12:07:15 AM Eastern Standard Time, JR writes:
Seems to me it was Lonzo who was so good at locating the camp site for
Lexington.  Perhaps this is a talent of his?
Thanks JR... I actually got lucky on that one... my wife and kids had stayed
there numerous times, and I'd not spent one night there before the convention
(I'd visited it several times to make sure stuff was in order, though), but
the wife and kids liked it, and thats ALWAYS a great indicator.
I believe we were there in NY back in 2002, on our way to Maine... spent a
night in Old Forge and another in Lake George... then on the way back through we
stayed at North-South Lake in the Catskills, then through Pennsylvania and
dropped in on Ben and his lovely wife Lynn on his birthday there in Strasburg...
awesome town! Awesome people!
I was in no way saying the KOA isn't worth staying at, especially if Jeff and
crew have looked at it and they think it will work for us campers... all I
was saying is don't write the NY State Park Campgrounds off... they are clean
and nice, and very affordable.
Thanks again JR... I have no idea where I found all the energy I had at the
Lexington Convention... but I sure could use it now!
;-)
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg,
1963 Greenbrier 110/4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg