[FC] B-J Auction Rampside

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Sat Jan 21 07:57:18 EST 2006

First, you have to be familiar with the Barrett-Jackson auction. This is a
place for high rollers in the car copllecting hobby to see exactly how much
money they can spend and show off in front of the TV cameras. It is at a
level well above e-bay. For starters you have to spend over $300 just for
the right to bid. The fee for your vehicle to go across the block is around
$1000 depending on when it goes across the block. There are more desireable
times than others. Then both the buyer and the seller get to pay
Barrett-Jackson an 8% comission.

I do not know the particulars on that rampside other than they don't let any
"junk" into this auction. And the bidders know what they are bidding on as
well. This particular rampside had mag wheels, velour interior and from the
pictures looked like it had a steering wheel cover on it.Probably in the
real world maybe an $8000 rampside. No one has yet to document anything
"special" regarding the restoration or the vehicles significance.

The whole thing is, this Rampside was probably the first one most people had
ever seen, it presented well, someone with deep pockets wanted it. If you
watch this auction on the speed channel, you will see other vehicles go for
what some may think of as "stupid money".

In the past 2 years I have had at least a dozen people see my rampside in
the driveway and ask if it was for sale. Is licensed, needs work including
body, paint, upholstery and structural. When I say 2 grand everyone walks

Gary Swiatowy