[FC] Sway bars

Bill Wells brierpath at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 16 08:13:37 EDT 2006

Ben,

  In hindsight, it would have benefitted you to purchase two front bars. The front bar alone makes a big difference on a Greenbrier. Just using the rear bar will create oversteer like you can't imagine. Worse than an early convertible with under-inflated, bias ply rear tires.
  My Greenbrier will be at the convention with just a front bar. Look me up and you can take it for a ride if you like.

  Good Luck,
  Bill Wells

Ben and Lynn Stiles <stiles at paonline.com> wrote:
  Hey folks:

I am writing to see what benefit would be gained by putting a front sway bar on the Greenbrier and a rear one on the Rampside. This question seems strange until I mention that I bought one set in the recent Corvanatics/ADDCO group discount. Only one set because money is tight and I can't always do all the same things for both trucks (Thank goodness they are not real human siblings!)

Anyway, would it be a benefit to split the set up among the two trucks, or just put them both on the Greenbrier and deal with the Rampside later when more $$$ is available? The Rampside does get driven much less, and the Greenbrier is the long distance traveller for vacations, so the van does get preferential treatment. I understand that the front sway bar is the more common/more beneficial one???

Thanks for any input. Ben