[FC] One more...sway bar

Bill Wells brierpath at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 08:59:59 EDT 2006

Ben,

  There is nothing you need to add to the kit. The alignment of the rear bar is much more difficult than the front bar. The attachment method to the rear a-arms does not seem to be the best way, but it works well. I had the most trouble trying to understand the poor instructions that come with the bar. Just holding the bar in place and visualizing what needs to happen helps alot. Get the vehicle high enough to enable your drill to easily access the crossmember and a-arms. The crossmember is thick and will take some exertion to get the holes drilled.

  Good Luck,
  Bill Wells

Ben and Lynn Stiles <stiles at paonline.com> wrote:
  Hello folks-

The last one from me on this subject. I am going to help my mechanic tomorrow to install them.

Does the rear sway bar need any plates welded to the frame for installation? Any mods to the frame at all, or is it basically bolt-on?

My guy (Dick Perris for those of you in the SW PA area) knows well how to install front sway bars, but has never dealt with a rear one. He is kind of worried about how to do it.

Let me know if you know. Thanks as always!

Ben