[FC] Rampside cab water

Ben and Lynn Stiles stiles at paonline.com
Fri Jun 9 22:00:52 EDT 2006

Hey folks-

I get water down between the back wall of the cab and the front wheel wells when I drive the Rampside in the rain. This is a solid, ex-California truck with very little rust. I can't imagine where this water is getting in. I am thinking I need to reseal the body joints directly behind the driver's left elbow (where there is a direct connect to the cab and where GM should have put a double body panel...looks unfinished). Also, I have the original holes fro mthe level-floor option. These are so small, I can't imagine much water gets in them.

This is a tough area to get dry when it is wet. I try to get down in there with a towel to dry things off. Otherwise, the water stays for a long time. How does it get in if it won't come out?

Any thoughts on this?

Ben