[FC] Check your brake hose

Doug Bell doug.bell3 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 28 11:55:47 EDT 2006

Almost went to Corvair Heaven the other day.  All of a sudden the pedal went to the floor while trying to make a stop.  Luckily I had enough room to pull over to the left and use the emergency brake.
Discovered that my front driver side tire had, over time, worn a hole in the hose.
So, how does one keep the hose from rubbing?  One hose is longer than the other.  Which hose goes on the driver side?
Is there a clamp attached to the hose to keep it away fron the tire and if so where does it attach to the body?  My master cylinder drained dry as a result.  Should I replace it too? Thanks for the help.
Doug Bell
Corsa Oregon
61 Rampside
63 coupe