[FC] another spark plug question

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Mar 7 02:16:35 EST 2006

there are pictures on the webpicture site of the 2 worst pistons from my
detonation damaged 110 engine that was in my rampy.  at least it got me home after
all the abuse i gave it.  i think a lot of the problem was the use of a 9891
cam with a powerrglide. this was converted from 4 spd to powerglide some years
ago and never had the low end tourqe it needed.  the new engine will be much
better.  anyhow if you have a lot of blowby and are using oil , get ready to
do the right thing and rebuld it. in the meantime keep track of the oil. i used
a lot to get home from vt last year, but got here(@235 miles) with a very
sick engine.                             no magic short cuts out there that i
know of.
regards, tim colson
http://www.corvair.de/n2vzd/index.html