[FC] Suggestions

Mike Moyer vairvert67 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 23:25:38 EST 2006

J R Read_HML <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    Yep! I screwed up and I've done it before. Since I did not say anything
that could not have been said publicly, it did not really bother me all that
much.

I'm also active (as well as other here) on VV and on VV, when you hit Reply
it goes to the individual and ReplyAll goes back to the list.

Soooo.... So I don't make the same mistake again - how about one quick
program change to make Reply a PRIVATE email and then each person does not
have to worry about falling into that trap of sending public what was
intended as private.

Well...

Either Private or Public response is fine.

Later, JR

Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:50 PM
Subject: [FC] Suggestions

> At this point I am going to make a few suggestions about this list. We
> all
> have been pretty good about what and how much we post about a thread.
> BUT, there is one area that needs attention and that is the use of
> private replies. I am going to pick on JR cause he just did it. That
> reply should
> have been private and not to the whole list.
> It is very easy to send a private email, usually just clicking on the
> persons email at the top of the post instead of clicking reply or reply
> all.
> I just sent a private reply to Ed, not that hard to do.
> There have been many instances in the last two weeks where about 1/3
> of
> the replies should have been private and not to the list.
> I do not want to babysit this site and email everyone when they do
> something like that. This was mentioned by someone earlier and the list
> replies
> keep coming.
> So please don't be lazy and just make sure of where you are sending
> your
> emails.
> Thanks Everyone
> Ken Hand, One of the List Moderators.

 I am used to VV and I made the mistake several times this week with the newsletter responses.
  I have to agree with JR.
  Is it at all possible to make a standard for both forums?

Mike Moyer
Corvan Antics Editor
Vair Parts & Repairs
1963 Greenbrier Deluxe 64 110 FC motor / 4 Spd
1963 Rampside 110 4spd (Group Red)
1964 Monza Coupe 110 Powerglide A/C
1965 Monza Convertible 140 4 spd X 2