[FC] '64 Greenbrier at auction

Ben and Lynn Stiles stiles at paonline.com
Fri Mar 17 19:27:29 EST 2006

Hello Group-

This might be of interest to some of you. There is an auction TOMORROW in Columbia, PA (Lancaster County) with a blue/white stripe '64 Greenbrier up for bids. Several people told me about this at work after I had read about it in the paper, and my buddy just called me as well. I don't really need another toy, but I know these things sometimes bring next to nothing at auction.

I did see this van in person years ago (we used to live nearby). The owner was gruff at the time to talk about it. Too many people who stopped in to see it and offer $100 for it I guess. It probably helped that I pulled up (as I always do to look at a Corvair) in my own Greenbrier. Anyway, it was used as a work truck for the lawn business that is up for auction tomorrow. I recall a nice straight body and three seats, I believe.

Here is the link if any of you are interested in checking it out:

http://www.rentzelsauctionservice.com/onsite/2006/031806/ad1.html

Talk with you all soon. Getting my own Brier ready for the NY trip. Can't wait!

Ben (Ben's Bus)