[FC] My new FC - Electrical Modifications

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Sun Mar 19 14:39:26 EST 2006

Hello Dennis,

At 08:13 PM 3/15/06 -0700, you wrote:
<<<Snip>>>
>The alternator is to drive all the kids electronics including the TV as
>well as our electric refrigerator and keep the battery up on the pop up
>trailer we are pulling.

If you haven't considered it already, let me make some suggestions:

1) Obtain several 12V power outlets (cigar lighter sockets) to install near
each seat and next to the battery box for the refrigerator.  Tap these
directly off the battery through an auxiliary fuse block in the engine
compartment.  It might be a good idea to make only one of them continuously
live for the refrigerator and run the rest through a relay activated by the
ignition switch.

2) If the GB needs a new battery, get an Optima 51R Yellow Top.

3) Consider dual batteries with an isolator.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.