[FC] FC front alignment

Merv Krull krupross at sunwave.net
Tue May 2 22:34:09 EDT 2006

Hiya Bill and all!

Did a previous owner (PO) align it that way on purpose? or is there a
problem that needs to be attended to? how many shims are there? all the shop
manual has to say is, "loosen the upper support shaft to cross member bolts,
add or (in your case) remove shims equally as required and retighten bolts.
It may be necessary to remove the wheel to secure these bolts." ... sounds
easy from the writer's point of view.... I will bet he never had to do this
procedure... from the illustration it looks like the nuts are out in the
open on the inside of the rail. I would think that you could trap the head
of the bolt with a box end wrench (preferably six point) from the inside of
the shock tower.

Camber should be positive 1/2 degree + or - 1/2 degree with both sides
within 1/4 degree of each other.

Just to be sure, negative camber means that the top of the wheels are
further apart than the bottom of the wheels.

Anyone with a carpenter's square know what the gap will be at the bottom
when it is set at 1/2 degree, assuming a perfectly level floor? I think it
is about 3/32 of an inch difference between the top of the rim and the
bottom of the rim based on a perfect 14 inch rim.... ???

toodles
Merv
Salmon ARm, BC