[FC] Re;120? hp engine

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat May 6 04:14:35 EDT 2006

i am now running stock head and base gaskets with 030 oversize octane cut
pistons in my rampy with 9889 cam , 140 heads with 2 late carbs jetted at 052 and
allison electronic ignition on a 95hp distrib with one spring removed from
the mechanical advance. this is a powerglide 3:55 setup .  so far it is making
me very happy.  i have not had time to really check it out , as i am moving to
a new location and it is a major project. i may need to tweak it when / if
warmer weather hits here (central new york state) but so far i think its the
answer. i have regular gas in it now for the first time in many years. no time for
long trips yet , but a lot of running errands and hauling stuff such as
refridgerators, loaded file cabinets ,  and other heavier loads has worked out
fine. i hope to have time to check it out to drive it to buffalo but not sure yet.
i will be moving my car shop next week...a large chore to say the least. i
will be building a similiar engine for my lakewood soon.  i may go to 95 hp
heads to lower the tourqe curve (smaller intake valves)..any comments from the
experts?  i am not really up on that tech theroy anymore.i bet the smaller
intakes would be better for what i want. i went thru this with a powerglide 62 vette
once. 192 vs 202 intakes made a noticeable difference in low end  pull as i
remember it. i just want a good 2500 to 3500 rpm motor for street travel
enjoyment.
i bet a "120" engine is a 140 with 2 carbs , lol.
regards, tim colson