[FC] How do you install rear side windows on a GB?

Merv Krull krupross at sunwave.net
Wed May 31 21:44:46 EDT 2006

Hi all!

I wore myself out trying to get just one window even starting to perhaps maybe think about popping into the hole it came out of....

I have new rubber from Clarke's.

I tried straightening ever so slightly the ridge along the top of the opening to no avail.

I used window cleaner to lubricate the process like I have done with many other windows.

The shop manual mentions something about locks. Since I missed the removal process, I am not sure if anything else goes in along the bottom....?

I have some metal strips about a half cm wide and 15 cm long that have several notches across them at about 1 cm apart. I have no idea what they are for.... could these be the aforementioned "lock strips"?

Any help is sincerely appreciated!

toodles
Merv Krull
Salmon Arm, BC