[FC] throttle cable replacement

Bill Wells brierpath at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 14:47:33 EST 2006

Paul,

  I have repaired a couple over the years. I use a Dremel cutoff wheel to slit the swaged fitting at the front and pull the old cable out. Home depot had cable that was the same size. Insert the new cable in the old slitted fitting, crimp it a little in a vise and silver solder to keep the cable retained. Worked for me.

  Good Luck,
  Bill

Paul Fox <paulvair at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Group,
Is there any cheap way to replace the throttle cable on a 61 Rampy without buying the expensive one from the vender? Can you just modify a cable from the hardware store? I have bought the cable end adjuster form a vender already.
Thanks, Paul Fox

Paul Fox YS054. 66 500 racecar.