[FC] smoking engine

Merv Krull krupross at sunwave.net
Mon Oct 2 13:50:24 EDT 2006

ah, I defer to Bob on this one.... the vehicle I refer to was a rebuilt Mustang 351... it would go through a litre in about 300 km major blowby and oil contamination blue smoke ... inspection revealed (must have been) compression rings upside down.... installed new rings correctly... bingo!
Is is possible for an oil control ring to break or crack and allow mucho oil into the combustion chamber? Also would it be possible that a piston is starting to pop its top?
toodles
Merv Krull
Salmon Arm, BC