[FC] FC Brake Pedal Travel

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Sat Oct 7 22:32:20 EDT 2006

> # 2) Whose MC (MC service kit) ? - the depth of the pushrod pocket in the
> piston assembly - varies.

I do believe this is the problem.   Have double checked the adjusters and
assembly twice.

We put the new MC on, I do not know where it is from.  It is not my
vehicle.  The old one disappeared to the owners kids who promtly
dismantled it
and lost the parts <GGG>.  It was doing this with the old one though, as
that was part of the reason for the complete rebuild.   The dual is
something to think about.    We went by
the manual
and adjusted everything.    It stops *right now*   and leaves four nice
equal length marks when you trounce on it.   Only problem is the travel in
the pedal movement before the MC starts to move, which I have verified.

I have a bunch of MC pistons I can look though to try to find a better
length.

I sincerely appreciate all the suggestions.   I will let you all know what
happens.

-Geoff Johnson
See you all at the toss!