[FC] Re: <VV> My New Greenbrier Engine opinion rebuild opinions

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 00:38:32 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/20/2006 7:58:22 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
vairvert67 at yahoo.com writes:

I know  there has to be some opinions out there on the subject so lets here
some pros  and cons on the subject.
It will not be used for towing.
I do have the  FC HQ code transaxle to which I  am thinking about bolting up
a 66-69  saginaw 4 speed

Mike Moyer

Mike,
For a GB, you would probably be most happy with a 95 hp cam, retarded 4
degrees and the stock 1964 crank. That combo will give you the best torque
available up to 4500 rpm. If youplan to go over that rpm, then consider a stock  891
cam installed straight up.
Regards,
Bob Helt